Provide us with reasonable instructions
- Not deliberately mislead us or any experts and give them false information
- Not instruct other legal representatives at the same time
- Follow our reasonable advise in respect of your claim
- Not settle your claim directly with your opponent
- Not ask us to act in an improper or unprofessional way
- Authorise us to disclose to the Court or others all relevant information in respect of the claim and the recovery of costs
- Co-operate with us in recovering legal costs from your opponent.
If you lose, you may be liable to pay some or all of your opponent’s costs. However, you will normally have the benefit of Qualified One-Way Cost Shifting so the court will not usually enforce an order for costs against you, unless:
- The proceedings have been struck out; or
- The claim is fundamentally dishonest; or
- The claim includes a claim for the financial benefit of someone else.